- 113 grams unsalted butter, room temperature
- 100 grams packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 160 grams all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 170 grams semisweet chocolate chips
- Beat the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar on medium-high speed until very well combined.
- Add in the egg and vanilla.
- On low speed gradually add the flour and salt.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls.
- Refrigerate until firm, at least one hour or up to 2 days if placed in an airtight container.
- 160grams all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 50 grams granulated sugar
- 255 ml milk
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- oil, for frying
- Melted chocolate, for drizzling
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Add the milk and vegetable oil, and whisk until the batter is smooth and free of lumps.
- In a medium heavy pot, heat oil until it reaches about 360°F.
- Take a chilled ball of cookie dough and dip it in the batter until it’s completely covered.
- Gently drop it into the oil.
- Fry the balls for about 1-2 minutes per side or until dark golden brown.
- Remove and drain. You don’t want to consume oil.
- Drizzle the balls with melted chocolate and a dusting of powdered sugar.
Source: Handle the Heat