- 250 ml water
- 50 gr butter
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 150 gr flour
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- Pipping bag
- Sugar, much of it
- or ground cinnamon, if you like it, because I don’t really
- In saucepan over medium heat, boil water, butter, sugar, and salt.
- Once it’s boiled, remove from the heat and add flour also vanilla extract.
- Add egg and mix it well. Don’t let it be scrambled egg.
- Put saucepan over heat again and mix until the dough doesn’t stick to the pan anymore. It won’t take more than 2 minutes.
- Put the dough into the pipping bag and heat oil for frying.
- Pipe strips of dough into hot oil.
- Deep fry for about 2 minutes or until golden. Don’t forget to drain with paper towels or you will eat tons of oil the whole time.
- When it’s drained (and hot! Do not wait until it’s cold), coat the churros with sugar (and ground cinnamon).
Chocolate dip sauce
- Cook and stir chocolate with whipped cream or milk in saucepan over medium heat.
- Wait until the chocolate is melted and blends smoothly with the milk for about 5 minutes.
- PS: Honestly I don’t know the exact weight of every ingredients. I usually put a bar of (dark) chocolate and half cup of whipped cream.