Green tea chiffon cake
- 150 grams cake flour
- 15 grams green tea powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 65 grams butter, melted
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 135 grams granulated sugar
- 50 grams granulated sugar
- 100 ml water
- Preheat an oven to 170C. Line 20cm round cake pan with baking paper.
- Sift the flour, salt, baking powder and green tea powder together.
- Whisk the egg yolks and 135 g sugar until light in color.
- Add the melted butter.
- Add the water.
- Pour the dry mixture.
- In another bowl, whip egg whites until foamy. Add 35 g sugar. Whip again until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the meringue into the bowl.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup (50 grams) granulated sugar
- 1/8 cup (18 grams) cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 cup (188 ml) milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Whisk the yolks, sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a bowl.
- Heat the milk in a small pot until small bubbles form around the edge.
- Add the hot milk to the egg mixture, a little at a time, whisking to combine.
- When all the milk has been added, transfer the mixture back to the pot and place over medium-low heat. Cook the pastry cream, whisking, until thickened.
- Stir in the vanilla.
Source: bakingamoment(I only used a half of recipe)
Matcha white chocolate ganache
- 4 oz white chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 1/4 cup (63 ml) heavy cream
- pPlace the white chocolate in a heat safe bowl and set it aside, but not too far aside.
- Sift the matcha into a saucepan and whisk in 1 tablespoon of the cream. Whisk until no lumps remain. Whisk in the remaining heavy cream and then heat it gently over medium heat, stirring often, until it just begins to boil. Remove it from the heat, and then pour it over the white chocolate.
- Let it sit for a few seconds, and then stir it all together until the chocolate melts.