- 6 large, tart apples, such as Granny Smiths
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup (200 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (125 grams) all-purpose flour
- Ground cinnamon, to finish
- Powdered sugar, also to finish
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- Peel, halve and core your apples, then chop them into medium-sized chunks. Pile the cut apples directly in the prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with sugar until thick.
- Beat in vanilla, then stir in flour with a spoon until just combined. The batter will be very thick.
- Pour over apples in pan, using a spoon or spatula to spread the batter so that it covers all exposed apples.
- Bake in preheated oven for 55 to 60 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes on rack. Dust lightly with ground cinnamon.
- Serve warm or cooled, dusted with powdered sugar.