Boston Cream Pie Cheesecake
- ½ cup (70 grams) sifted cake flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 large eggs, separated
- ⅓ cup (70 grams) sugar
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C) and butter a 9-inch springform pan.
- It’s better to wrap the pan with foil
- Cake flour + baking powder + salt –> sift
- Beat the egg yolks with an electric mixer on high for 3 minutes.
- With the mixer still running, gradually add the ⅓ cup (70 grams) of sugar and continue beating about 5 minutes more.
- Add vanilla! My favourite ingredient. I mean, who doesn’t love the smell?
- Add flour mixture to the batter.
- Blend in the butter.
- In a clean bowl, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar together on high until frothy.
- Gradually add the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar. Continue beating until stiff peaks form. Uuu I love stiff peaks form. Looks sexy.
- Stir about ⅓ cup of the whites into the batter, then gently fold in the remaining whites. With spatula, not with electrical mixer ok.
- Bake until just set about 13-15 minutes.
- Set aside and let it cool like me (ok I won’t do it again).
- 4 (8 oz/225 grams) packages (total: 900 grams) cream cheese
- 1⅔ cups (335 grams) sugar
- ¼ cup (35 grams) cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup (180 ml) heavy whipping cream
- ONE 8-oz.-package of the cream cheese + ⅓ cup (70 grams) of the sugar + cornstarch
- Beat with an electric mixer on low until creamy, about 3 minutes, then beat in the remaining 3 packages of the cream cheese.
- Increase the mixer speed to high and beat in the remaining 1⅓ cups (265 grams) of the sugar. Then add vanilla.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating the batter well after each one!
- Add heavy cream.
- Gently spoon the cheese filling on top of the baked sponge cake layer.
- Keep foil on outside of springform pan and place pan in a large shallow pan containing hot water that comes about 1 inch up the side of the pan.
- Bake the cheesecake until the center barely jiggles when you shake the pan, about 75-85 minutes.
- Cool the cake on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- Then cover the cake with plastic wrap and refrigerate until it’s completely cold, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- 1 pint (480 ml) heavy cream
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding (3.4 oz)
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) milk
How again and again?
- Beat all ingredients on high in mixer until thick.
- Pipe or spread onto cold cheesecake and chill again.
- Remove side ring of pan carefully.
Honestly, I used instant pastry cream last time so I just follow the instruction x_x
- 4 oz. semisweet chocolate
- 1 Tbsp light corn syrup
- 4 Tbsp butter
Okay I promise this is for the last time, in this post. So, How?
- Combine all ingredients and melt them, either with microwave or over boiled water, it’s up to you.
- Let it cool quite a bit and pour onto cake.
You can eat strawberry/any fruit or spray whipped cream to make the cake looks a bit prettier. Just a bit.
Now enjoy the cake and you will understand the title of this post.